Summary of the Changes to How the Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS System) Works
Changes have come into place regarding how the Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS System) works and how vehicle operators should use it going forward.
A summary of some of the changes is here:
- DVSA carries out desk-based and fleet assessments, which it uses to calculate an operator’s OCRS
- DVSA earned recognition operators are in the blue band and DVSA examiners do not carry out a full roadside inspection for these operators
- Operators from Northern Ireland have a reduced report based on data captured at the roadside by DVSA examiners and MOT tests carried out in England, Wales and Scotland
- OCRS re-scoring process now runs every day
- Corrected OCRS bands to include scores that were previously missing
- New guidance for how to appeal or resolve another issue with OCRS
- Membership and confirmation letters sent to operators when they sign up to the OCRS system because they now get immediate access
Full information on your OCRS and how to register to access your OCRS reports can be found on the Government website.
© 23rd December, CE Transport Law. Keep up to date with the latest transport news with CE Transport Law
To find out more about how Truckfile can help you join the Earned Recognition scheme, click here.